Wednesday 26 November 2014

Serial Kisser Emraan Hashmi Now Kissing Goodbye!

When Emraan Hashmi began, onscreen boldness was nearly obsolete. But, almost a decade later, it’s no more something worth being talked about at all. In an interview with Koimoi, we asked Emraan to comment on how smooching on screen isn’t that big a deal anymore with the new generation actors doing it as per the demands of their respective scripts, in almost every film.

The bold factor of a smooch isn’t even worth discussing. Emraan, who began as the serial kisser admitted that he is ‘Kissing Goodbye’ to the stereotype he is framed under. He said, “I haven’t seen any of their (younger actors’)work but I am sure that things are taking a bold turn. It was done 10 years back in my films and it was a bold step.”

Karan Johar had frequently joked about how Alia Bhatt is the new Emraan. Emraan agrees that not specifically her but he has passed on the mantle to the newer lot. He quipped with a clever straight faced glee, “So I would like to give this mantle out to them to carry forward this thing and have fun on-screen. And, it is very important that I take the next step in my career. It is very important after the 10 year mark to reinvent. The audience would realize, that there is always a phase which you need to ‘kiss goodbye’, which I am doing it currently. May they have lot of fun, I have had for last 10 years and it did cost my marriage sometimes.”

Emraan is currently promoting Ungli and is working on both Mr X and Hamari Adhuri Kahani, both of which are scheduled for release in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment