Friday 28 November 2014

Ungli star Emraan Hashmi says his family is dysfunctional

Emraan Hashmi may have told us recently that he doesn't watch Bollywood films, but he does make an exception for his cousin, Alia Bhatt.

Ask him what he thinks of the young breed of actors and he says, "They're all very good. Actually, on my cousin's (Alia) insistence I saw Student Of The Year (2012) and loved it. And I loved all three of them (Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra were Alia's co-stars), as well as Karan's (Johar, film-maker) work. Alia was very upset, and she said, 'I go watch all your films, you better watch my film.' So I got a DVD when it was out, watched it and then called her and praised her for it. And I saw 2 States, and it is fantastic, but I haven't told her about that yet. All her films have been great. It's fantastic that she's doing well in such a short span of time."
Bring up Alia's spoof video from a few months back, and Emraan jokes, "Our entire family would make for a great spoof video. If you observe us, we seem very dysfunctional. There's an ability to laugh at ourselves, which people probably don't understand, because ours is a nation that lacks a sense of humour most of the time."


No comments:

Post a Comment