Saturday 21 March 2015

There were no sex scenes: Amyra Dastur

Amyra Dastur plays Emraan Hashmi’s leading lady in the upcoming film Mr X. She tells us about working with the Bhatts and more:

How did Mr X happen?
Mukesh (Bhatt) called up after Issaq. We chatted and I met Vikram Bhatt the next day and he seemed keen to have me on board. He narrated the script to me and I was sold. The story was brilliant and I trusted his area of expertise, which is 3D.

Bhatt films are known to have their share of intimate scenes. How comfortable were you shooting them?
There actually weren’t any sex scenes in the script or movie. You’re going see two intimate kisses with Emraan and two passionate kisses with the invisible Mr X. I am slightly skeptical about kissing scenes, I’ll only do it if the story requires it.

You have an underwater kiss sequence. How was it shot? 
We shot the underwater kiss without Emraan. I actually had a fever of a 102 degrees C while doing this scene, so it was really nice to see how well it turned out! We didn’t use any oxygen tanks so I had to swim up for air. I held my breath for about 20-30 seconds for each take. Our cameraman and special effects supervisor explained where Emraan was going to be in the scene and they gave me a mark to look at while I was underwater.

Tell us something about Emraan that fans don’t know.
Emraan eats a lot! I always saw him with food, although he eats very healthy stuff... He’d always have a small bowl of chicken or scrambled egg whites in between shots and I’d make fun of him and call him a hog once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment