Sunday 7 December 2014

Emraan Hashmi : I Have a Major Problem with Adult Comedies

Actor Emraan Hashmi seems to be careful with the choice of films now. After living with the tag of ‘Serial Kisser’ for almost 10 years now, the actor wants to get rid of it and try different cinema.

While his last film ‘Ungli’ was a movie about social vigilantes, his upcoming film ‘Humari Adhuri Kahani’ is an edgy romantic film. However, when we probed Hashmi whether he is open to doing adult comedies, which seem to be increasingly made now and he retorts with a straight no.

“Not the way they do it in our country. I have a major problem with these adult comedies. I haven’t seen them but at least from the promos, they don’t make me laugh, they are demeaning towards women and I don’t think that is comedy,” admits Emraan.

He adds further, “For me adult comedy is something like ‘American Pie’, which is a coming of age film. You can’t really put a women down or show the sleaze to a point where it becomes annoying. I think that is how comedies are over here. I don’t think I will do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment