Monday 25 August 2014

“When I’m Looking At You, I’m Not Checking You Out!” – Emraan Hashmi

So, one remembers Emraan Hashmi as the lucky guy who gets to smooch his lead lady in every film. But the industry circles understand that Emraan is nothing like the guy he is portrayed in his films. No wonder Pakistani actress Humaima Malick was in for a shock when she met Emraan for the first time. In an interview to Koimoi, she narrated how Emraan wasn’t even looking at her when she probably had the image that he would make a pass at her.

Getting Emraan’s reaction on their first encounter was hilarious. Hashmi said, “Whenever a new girl is cast opposite me, I have to act a little stern with them. So that they understand the kind of Kaminapan I do in films, is restricted to the films alone. When I met Humaima for the first time, I genuinely made an attempt to not look at her and talk less. To look at Humaima was a problem. Because when it’s Emraan Hashmi and when you have seen films like Murder, God knows what you are thinking when I am looking at you. When I am looking at you, I am not checking you out!”

Peels of laughter broke out after that and Emraan continued with, “So when Humaima came for the first time, she was scared. I could see it on her face. Wearing dark glasses, she was timid. There was a reading session at my place. I was decided that I won’t look at her. I was just focusing on the scene. And she was in for a shock for entirely different reason. She assumed that the kind of films I do, I probably won’t even read my scripts let alone knowing the dialogues. She wasn’t expecting me to do any research on the film. And here I was, with my lines memorized and the script in my head completely, making suggestions to Kunal on how to execute a scene. I knew the script thoroughly, back to back without even looking at the paper. She was completely zapped. Then she realized that she has to work hard because I wasn’t the Emraan Hashmi she thought I would be.”

Raja Natwarlal starring Emraan and Humaima is all set to hit the screens this Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment