Friday 25 July 2014

Movies Emraan Hashmi: Salman Khan removes shirt in films, I kiss in my movies!

Emraan Hashmi, who is gearing up for his masala entertainer RAJA NATWARLAL, doesn’t regret being labelled a ‘serial kisser’ of Bollywood. Rather he takes it positively and feels that it is the branding that people can associate to.

“Well, that is what brands are about. That is how one becomes synonymous and people can label it. You don’t go to McDonalds and eat a pizza or a Pizzeria to eat a burger! So in Emraan Hashmi films you will always have one thing which is the easiest thing for the mind to recall - What is Emraan Hashmi? Emraan Hashmi is kisses! So that’s how the human mind always has got association. Salman Khan removes shirts in the films! It is just that I have set another level,” admits Hashmi.

Though Emraan has been branded as a ‘serial kisser’, he also has a film like SHANGHAI where he didn’t play his cliché character. However, it didn’t change the audience perception for him. Does he regret that his tag affects the film?


“Not really, I don’t crave any need to be called or known anything else. I want people to go to cinema halls and like my work. Kissing is something I have done for ten years and I have done one SHANGHAI so it will obviously not change the perception with one film. This (Serial Kisser) is my main image on-screen which has been labelled over ten years of work and probably 30 films where I have constantly been pecking women,” clarifies Emraan, “So it won’t get erased so soon. I will have to do 30 SHANGHAIs for that and if I do that I don’t think my career will go anywhere because I need commercial success to do SHANGHAI. It has done 1/3rd the business as compared to other films, which is good as it is a small film.”

Interestingly, Emraan’s cousin Alia Bhatt has also been tagged as a ‘serial kisser’, what with the actress locking lips with her co-stars in all her films including STUDENT OF THE YEAR, HIGHWAY, 2 STATES and HUMPTY SHARMA KI DULHANIA.

Ask Emraan about the comparison and he retorts, “The comparison with Alia is done by you (media) guys. I have no voice in it. That is a very smart way of doing things. She is a fantastic actress and has a great career. I don’t think you should always… She has got her own individuality and it will be unfair to say her whatever…”

No comments:

Post a Comment