Sunday 4 August 2013

Emraan Hashmi Duet With Altaf Raja


Photo
Emraan Hashmi, 34, contrary to what one would imagine,is an English film buff. While he may expectedly dance on a Sufi song with Altaf Raja in his upcoming film Ghanchakkar, in reality, he is a Michael Jackson fan. He is deceptive, mysterious, egoistic, but simple. He opens up to [TOI] about why he would not change himself for others, how he stalked his wife for three years and why Mahesh Bhatt will always hold a special place in his life. Excerpts:
Your grandmother Purnima Verma has acted in over 100 films. Did she influence your decision in becoming an actor?
Bhatt sahab always says she was the first star in our family. His mother and my grandmother were real sisters and both were actresses. And so, my grandmom probably secretly yearned for me to become an actor. My grandfather (whose surname was Hashmi) was a journalist, who separated from her and went away to Pakistan during partition. Though my grandmother re-married, my step- grandfather died and she never had kids from that marriage. My father worked for the cargo division of Air India and my mother for a multinational, and they are both retired now. My dad went and met him, my grandfather, once in 1994 in Pakistan before he died, without telling him that he was coming. My grandmom was wealthy and originally owned the famous Ketnav theatre, which, at that time, was a bungalow where she lived with her second sister. She had a lot of money and my dad tells me that she owned a Buick and several other big cars. She was not financially savvy and had to auction her house, due to poor paperwork. She is suffering from Alzheimer's right now, but till three years back, when she could recollect things, she was extremely particular about my money transactions. She put into my father and me the need to be careful with financial paper work, as she lost her house due to lack of the same. My grandmom and her unmarried sister were outside the house and saw their furniture and things from their cupboard being auctioned. Pali Hill at that time had only bungalow.

No comments:

Post a Comment