Wednesday 27 August 2014

“Chasing Just A Box Office Figure Will Make Me Lose Sleep” – Emraan Hashmid

Contrary to his body of work, Emraan Hashmi is suave, dynamic and more a part of the intelligentsia than the masses. The actor talking to Koimoi about alternating between commercial fare and unconventional cinema, said how he needs to keep his fan base satisfied and still deliver variety.

Box Office isn’t his prerogative. He said, “It is not about coming back but always keeping in mind a different segment of the audience. There are films that caters to the niche multiplex audiences and then there are films like Natwarlal which caters to a larger audience. As an actor I want to grow and cater to different section of the audience. I am not always chasing a box office figure. It will make me lose sleep. Some actors do it, best of luck to them on that. I can’t sleep in the night thinking I am doing the same thing all over again! I need a break at times. I need a break from the kissing, the popular songs and sink my teeth into something that is more challenging for me. It should have the capability to make me lose sleep at night, push me to the edge and make me feel I can’t do it all.”



But despite an Ek Thi Daayan, the sinister Ghanchakkar or even a dynamic Shanghai, the actor still remains labelled the serial kisser Emraan Hashmi. Does it disturb him? The actor says not at all, not one bit! He adds, “I don’t crave any need to be called anything else. My need is to be appreciated for my good work. And they have liked a Shanghai too. This is something I have been doing for 10 years and just one Shanghai, so to expect that my perception will change with one film is unfair. This is my main image onscreen which has been labeled over a decade of my work. I have to do 30 Shanghais to change my image. I need to do commercial films to be in films like Shnaghais.”

The actor is all set to release his next flick Raja Natwarlal and will then begin work on Mohit Suri’s Hamari Adhuri Kahaani as well as complete the nitty gritties of Mr X.

No comments:

Post a Comment