Friday 7 June 2013

‘I Am a Huge Fan of Vidya Balan,’ Says Emraan Hashmi

 clip
 Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi are seen at the launch of a song from their film “Ghanchakkar” at PVR in Juhu, Mumbai May 30. (Manav Manglani photo)


MUMBAI, India
Actor Emraan Hashmi, who is sharing screen space with Vidya Balan for the second time in their upcoming comedy “Ghanchakkar,” says he is a huge fan of his co-star and likes her spontaneity.

Earlier, the duo worked together in “The Dirty Picture,” which fetched Balan the National Award. “I am a huge fan of hers. She does different, unique films. She stands apart from everyone with her choice of films,” Hashmi said.

Balan, too, is full of praises for Hashmi. “This film (‘Ghanchakkar’) is Emraan’s best performance till date. He is doing new and interesting kinds of films,” she said.

However, Balan said that she had only one grudge against Hashmi while shooting for the film. “There were so many times when I laughed out loudly, but Emraan had no expression; he did not laugh,” she said.

To which Hashmi said, “It is due to the dark, intense and angry roles in films that I have done. I have become serious in life, and that is why maybe I don’t find things funny and don’t laugh. I am looking forward to doing something light (in films),” he said.

About the kissing scene in “Ghanchakkar,” Hashmi said on a jovial note, “I have promised myself that for this film I will not answer this question about kissing. Siddharth, Vidya’s husband, is the head of this production house. If I want to do more films with them, then I should not talk about it.”

Directed by Rajkumar Gupta, the film is slated to release June 28. On her much-scrutinized fashion statement as a jury member at the 66th Cannes Film Festival, Balan said, “I am not a thief, so I don’t listen to police (fashion police). The experience was special at Cannes. It was an experience of a lifetime.”

No comments:

Post a Comment